Thursday, March 5, 2009

Adoption, Ultrasound, Birthday....

Ok time to play catch-up starting with a couple weeks ago.
We've been working on all the paperwork and hoop-jumping we have to do to have Kyle adopt Natalie for a ver long time and we finally FINALLY finished a couple weeks ago. We were just waiting for our court date and now it's all over! Kyle, Natalie, and I went to the courthouse and waited and waited for our turn to see the judge. Natalie got pretty antsy waiting but she thought it was cool when we went in to see the judge and he was asking questions and talking to her. It's definately a relief that it's all over and it was fun for us to spend the morning just hanging out with Natalie, we don't get to do that very often. We are really looking forward to going to the temple some time soon.

The day after the adoption was done I had an ultrasound. I was about 13 weeks and it was a "Nuchal Translucency" scan. They do the ultrasound and a blood test to test for things like Down Syndrome and Trisomies 13 and 18. Natalie and my sister Rachel came along and it was really fun seeing the baby. Natalie thought it was SO cool. She always likes coming to my appointments to hear the heartbeat so this was even better for her. She kept saying "Aww how cute" and things like that. The baby looks good, everythings is healthy and the tests came back to show that my risk for any of the defects was practically nothing. We don't know whether it's a boy or a girl yet, we'll probably find out within the next month or so. But we think it's a girl. I guess we'll see! So far our name choices are "Leah Pearl" for a girl and "Bennett" for a boy. We still don't know for a middle name for a boy. Any ideas?

Last week was my birthday. I turned 23. Exciting stuff. Ok, not really, but it was fun to have family over for dinner to celebrate. Everyone came over Friday night and we had loads of food and fun. Kyle's sister Xan and her husband Jason and their little girl Hannah drove down last week from Oregon and made it in time to visit with us that night too so it was a full house. It was a blast having them here and I'm sad that they're gone already.

Ok I think I'm mostly caught up. I'll post the ultrasound pictures when I have a chance to scan them.

3 comments:

Heather Jackson said...

that is so exciting for you guys!!! she is such a beautiful little girl... i remember when you were pregnant with HER lol it doesnt seem like that long ago! i miss you and would still like to meet this husband of yours! :-) talk to you later

Team Skousen said...

YES Happy bday! I was thinking about you last week because the date sounded familiar. I hope you had a good day! Congrats on the healthy baby and the adoption. That is so great!

brittany said...

i love kyle and i don't even know him. pretty much every post has made me teary. you are just so darling.