Kyle has been working hard to get our yard in shape lately. I wish I had a "before" picture so you could see what a mess it was when we moved in. Kyle has spent a lot of his free time pulling/clearing weeds, filling sink-holes, and roto-tilling our dirt. We have plans to put an in-ground trampoline in our yard for the girls(and baby) so Kyle has started digging a big big hole that will some day be our trampoline. The dirt in AZ can be very hard and it's definitely going to be a long process but, in the end, I think it'll be great. We also planted our garden today. We planted tomatoes, basil, peppers, squash, and green beans. We also have seeds for okra and cantaloupe and Kyle wants to plant chilies and Natalie wants to plant flowers so maybe we'll do a second garden, we have the space for it so we might as well. Here are some pictures of our yard so far....


Week one working on the trampoline pit

Natalie with Dad planting seeds

Our spring garden day one.....hopefully SOMETHING grows, this is our first attempt at a garden!

4 comments:
This is great! I love to see gardens and things growing. Keep us posted on your progress. Hopefully our plants will be as nice as yours! Oh, hot dog! We forgot to include the okra! Glad you reminded me!
Flowers are a must in a backyard garden! I'm with Natalie, plant flowers, too!
Yeah for you guys. i cant wait to see it.
Poor Kyle, he has lots of work to do.
He now has a yard to care for. He has had lots of experience taking care of ours. Has always said if this was mine I would do this. Now he has his chance.
brenda, I was reading up on your blog and remembered that I never double checked if you remembered that I am bringing my girls over tomorrow. If you get this before 8:00am please give me a call and let me know if you still can. Sorry
Post a Comment