Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day



Or "Four Leaf Clover Day" as Natalie calls it. She was having trouble saying "Patrick's" so she improvised. This holiday almost passed unnoticed. I didn't realise it was St. Patrick's Day until later in the morning but I like to do special things for Natalie on holidays so we put together a few fun things to do for the day and ended up having a lot of fun. Natalie was nice enough to make some fun green decorations and lots of shamrocks to decorate our house and get us in a festive mood. I love this age when everything is so exciting for her. I hope it lasts a while. For dinner we had all green food and green milk. Natalie was amazed and asked how I made the food green. I told her that leprechauns give moms special magic to make green food for their kids on St. Patrick's Day. She thought that was awesome and said she couldn't wait until she was a mom and could have some leprechaun magic too. Although, later on that night she was talking to my mom on the phone and grandma told her it was green food coloring. ha ha. Oh well.

1 comments:

Team Skousen said...

This is a cute idea!! I remember when holidays were exciting, what great memories :)