Thursday, December 18, 2008

December

I can't believe December is half way over and I haven't had a chance to post on our blog. Now that we're getting settled into our house I'll probably get better at this. December is a busy month for everyone. It was no different around the Bourgeous home. We put our tree up early in the month but haven't decorated it yet. It's pretty with just the lights and Hartley hasn't touched it yet(as soon as it has decorations she'll be ALL OVER it) But we'll decorate it this week and post a picture.
Last week we spent some time at my parents house making tamales and trying to take some Christmas pictures of the girls. That didn't go over very well. Natalie didn't want to have her picture taken and poor Hartley had burned her hand earlier in the day and just wasn't happy. In the end we got a couple cute pictures of Natalie but we'll have to try with Hartley another day.
Saturday night was our ward Christmas party. We have an awesome ward and the Christmas party turned out wonderful. Great food, fun people, a neat show put on by the YW/YM and of course a special visitor. Natalie had been really excited about seeing Santa all week but once we actually got to santa(played by a sweet family friend) she was terrified....She wouldn't talk to him or sit in his lap or take a picture so I gave up. NOT a good day for pictures I guess! In the end she was sad that she didn't get to talk to him so we waited in line AGAIN and she didn't talk to him AGAIN. We did manage to get a picture though thanks to aunt Kim!
Sunday was another fun day with family. It was Kyle's 30th birthday! We had my parents and his parents and siblings and spouses over for dessert Sunday night. I think Kyle would have liked to pretend it was just another day but I'm grateful for my handsome husband and look forward to spending many many birthdays with him in the future.
So far this week has been fun too. We finally got our shutters installed Tuesday and the look great! Much better than the sheets we've had hanging in our windows since we moved in. Haha Other than that it has just been preparations for Christmas. Shopping and baking and all that good stuff. We also have some fun things planned for this weekend. And I WILL get pictures!

3 comments:

Caroline C. Bingham said...

we just like the IDEA of Santa. you know, presents, lights, cookies... this was the first year people weren't SCREAMING at him. I'll take it!

and I'm a little jealous of your shutters.

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

hey what is your email aain? i wanted to send you the pics from the party?

send me an email at karyhoopes@yahoo.com

Your blinds look awesome!

Team Skousen said...

YEAH! Sheets over the window...that is a great idea! I know what I will be doing today hahaha...those shutters are expensive! MERRY CHRISTMAS!