Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Natalie


Natalie has been so excited for her birthday and now that it's here she refuses to be 5. She's denying that it's her birthday today. I thought this didn't happen until a women turned 20something or 30ish. But regardless of what she's telling people.....it is, in fact, her birthday today. 5 years ago my life changed completely. 5 years ago I was sitting in a hospital holding this perfectly beautiful 8lb 4oz bundle of baby goodness. She was the most beautiful baby I'd ever seen. I remember looking at her and just crying because of how perfect she was and how grateful I was to be her mother. Now Natalie and I have had an interesting 5 years. We've done a lot of growing up together and she's taught me a lot about the world and life in general. Natalie is very energetic, driven, stubborn, and independent. She's always been advanced for her age. Crawling, talking, walking, reading early. She has a love for learning and improving herself that I really admire. She has been the best big sister ever. She is a huge helper and I know Hartley looks up to her so much already. Natalie loves playing outside, helping Dad in the yard, cooking with me, visiting her grandparents and aunts and uncles. She's beautiful and compassionate. She loves tennis and drawing and playing on her computer. Its hard to believe she's 5 already, where has the time gone?! I love you so much Natabug. I hope you never forget your potential; you're well on your way to being a beautiful and amazing young woman.

2 comments:

Caroline C. Bingham said...

Aww, what a sweetheart! Happy Birthday crazy 5 year old!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture! It looks like Heaven with one pretty little angel.