What? You don't?
Today my sister-in-law Kimmy came over to make some pickles. In our house we often call pickles "frogs". It just reminded me of how, when Natalie was 3 or so, Kyle told her that pickles were really made from frogs(kinda green and slimy and bumpy-just like a frog). When I was working Kyle and Natalie often had daddy-daughter days and would go to the store and get a big "frog" then go to the park to play and eat their pickle together. Now that she's actually seen how pickles are made I think she's caught on. But we still call the frogs out of habbit.
Once upon a time Natalie was on a wierd kick about growing her hair out. She wanted to be Rapunzel. So I told her that eating circles would make her hair grow faster. Since then, any fruit or vegetable that I can slice into a circle goes down much easier(Carrots, squash, bananas, apsaragas, potatoes, beets, kiwi, you name it...) She still believes this one, we'll see how long that lasts.
Grandpa Bourgeous also told Natalie that boogers are actually flies that crawl up your nose when you're sleeping. That's why you shouldn't eat them. Makes sense to me!
The other day I heard Natalie explaining to one of her friends, step by step, how they make gummy worms(from real worms of course). I'm not sure who told her that story(she said it was Dad but he doesn't recall that one, maybe one of her aunts) but it was very entertaining.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
We lie to our kids.....
Posted by Brenda at 4:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Hahah that is hilarious!
Post a Comment