Kyle has had this past week off from work and I have been enjoying every minute of it!
Sunday was Mother's day and I think it was my favorite Mother's day ever. I got wonderful gifts and really enjoyed going to church with my sweet little family and listening to Natalie sing a song with the Primary kids. I'm so grateful that I'm a mother, I love my girls so so much and I enjoy every day with them!(even the hard days) We also went to Kyle's parents house for a little while and to my grandparents house Sunday night to visit with our families.
Monday morning we got up bright and early and(after a quick stop at the doctor for Hartley's check-up) headed up north to enjoy the nice cool weather. We drove through Winslow, AZ so Kyle could show us where he used to live and it was a fun experience and a nice long drive. We spent the night in Munds Park at my uncle's cabin with my grandparents. The weather was amazing and we had a blast. Hartley was up crying a lot of the night because she'd had 5 immunizations that day but other than that it was a relaxing trip.
This is pretty much where Hartley spent all her time while we were at the cabin, she loved climbing up and down the stairs

Tuesday we spent the morning in Flagstaff and had lunch at Olive Garden before driving back home. Even after a short trip away, it always feels so nice to be HOME. Kyle went to mutual that night and then worked on our hole for our trampoline. He's about half-way done! Yay!
Wednesday Kyle finished putting up the fan in our family room-not an easy task with vaulted ceilings, it was a pain.
Hartley "helping" dad put up the fan
Thursday Kyle and I went with his mom and dad to the church cannery in Mesa. I've never been to the cannery before but it was a blast! It was neat to learn a little bit about how they make things there. This week they were making peach jam. I don't really like peach jam but it smelled soooooo good there! It was hard being on my feet for so long working but I'm really glad we got the chance to do it and I really want to go back again(maybe when I'm not so pregnant)
Kyle had to work Friday morning so I went and dropped him off at work with plans to just play around with the girls for 4 hours until he needed to be picked up. We were planning on making pickles on Friday so we went on a search for pickling cucumbers with no luck. I checked with 6 different stores and didn't find any. Bummer. We're going to try again this week. We need to make pickles with Kim before she leaves us for Japan.
Saturday we did some work around the house then went to my parents house to visit and left the girls with my sisters so Kyle and I could go on a date. We went to Babbo which is our favorite favorite restaurant and it was wonderful to spend some time alone. We were wanting to go to a reception that night but I was feeling super sick so we just came home.
It was a busy week but I LOVED having my husband all week long. It went by way way to quickly, though, I'm ready for him to take another vacation!



2 comments:
It sounds like a wonderful week! I hope you get another vacation soon. We all could use one! :-)
This sounds like so much fun! Don't you wish we could all just quit work and hang out like that all the time? It would be a whole new life :)
Post a Comment